In medicine, there is no magical cure-all. But if there were one, physical activity would be it. No other therapy provides as many health benefits! Unfortunately, many Americans still aren’t moving enough to reap the rewards. Don’t let that be you. Take a step toward better heart health and get started today!
Don’t forget to bring your family with you; there’s strength in numbers. Plus, physically active parents can model heart-healthy lifestyle behaviors for their children. And research shows physically active children become physically active adults.
Regular physical activity has amazing benefits. Here are just a few:
- Physical activity helps you live longer and prevent many chronic diseases, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, abnormal blood lipid (cholesterol and triglyceride) profile, stroke, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and colon and breast cancers.
- Physical activity improves cardiorespiratory and muscular fitness.
- Physical activity raises your metabolism and helps you lose weight more easily (or eat more without gaining weight).
- Physical activity helps reduce stress, anxiety, and depression and improve your mood. .
- Physical activity helps maintain brain function in older adults.
- Physical activity helps with digestion and promotes regular bowel movements.
- Physical activity increases bone density.
- Physical activity helps you age more gracefully by maintaining your looks and your agility.
- Physical activity improves sleep quality.
- Physical activity improves your overall quality of life.
What other “prescription” costs so little, yet has the potential to help you become more confident, well-rested, independent, graceful, regular, mentally stable, happier, leaner, healthier, and fit?
SecondsCount can help you learn how to start living a more physically active lifestyle. It’s important to start slowly. It’s safer that way, and when you set small goals, you set yourself up for success.