Ask your doctor
Use the following questions as a tool to help you talk to your doctor about your angina. Print them out and take them with you to your next appointment. Take notes to help you remember your discussion when you get home.
- I still have angina. How do I know that my medication is working?
- Am I a good candidate for angioplasty and stents?
- What can I do to prevent triggering my angina?
- How do I know when to call 911?
- How do I know when to see a doctor?
- How can I get the exercise I need if I have angina every time I exert myself?
- Can you recommend any programs (such as cardiac rehab) or support groups that could help me?
- How do I know if I need a stent?
- How long before I expect some relief from my symptoms?
- What should I do if my angina doesn't seem to be getting any better? Are there other treatments we can try?