Ask your doctor
The following questions can help you talk to your doctor about your risk of having cardiomyopathy. Print out or write down these questions and take them with you to your appointment. Taking notes can help you remember your doctor’s response when you get home.
- How will you measure my heart function?
- What test(s) are used to diagnose my cardiomyopathy
- Is there a chance my heart function improves? Do medicines help?
- Am I having or did I have a heart attack?
- Have we ruled out a heart attack?
- How will I be treated for cardiomyopathy?
- How long should I expect my recovery to take?
- Is it likely that I could have a repeat occurrence in the future?
- Are there lifestyle changes that I should make to manage stress?