Ask your doctor
The following questions can help you talk to your doctor about having your blood pressure tested. Consider printing out or writing down these questions and taking them with you to your appointment. Taking notes can help you remember your physician’s response when you get home.
- Is my blood pressure reading high?
- If my blood pressure reading fluctuates at different times (home, doctor’s office), am I okay?
- Does my blood pressure medication seem to be working as intended?
- What can I do to lower my blood pressure?
- Why is high blood pressure a serious health concern?