Ask your doctor
The following questions can help you talk to your or your child's doctor about a cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (cMRI) test. Consider printing or writing down these questions and taking them to your appointment. Taking notes can help you remember the doctor’s response when you get home.
- What information will a cMRI give us about the health of my or my child's blood vessels?
- Why is a cMRI being recommended? (That is, what symptom or test result needs further exploration?)
- What are the potential benefits of a cMRI?
- What are the individual risks of a cMRI?
- Is a cMRI safe with an implanted metallic device?
- What happens next if a cMRI indicates that there's a problem with a blood vessel?