Ask your doctor
The following questions can help you talk to your doctor about having a chest X-ray. Consider printing out or writing down these questions and taking them to your appointment. Taking notes can help you remember your doctor’s response when you get home.
- What are the possible benefits of having a chest X-ray?
- What are my individual risks from having a chest X-ray?
- How can one prepare for a chest X-ray?
How long does a chest X-ray take?
- How much radiation will I be exposed to during the test?
- What happens next if the chest X-ray shows something that needs further examination?