Ask your doctor
The following questions can help you talk to your doctor about undergoing a coronary calcium scan. Consider printing or writing down these questions and taking them to your appointment. Taking notes can help you remember your doctor’s response when you get home.
- Should I undergo a coronary calcium score based on my risk factors?
- What will the coronary calcium score tell us about my risk for a heart attack?
- How much radiation will I be exposed to during the test?
- What happens next if the coronary calcium score is abnormal?
- Can a coronary calcium score be incorrect, and if so, what are the reasons for this?