Ask your doctor
The following questions can help you talk to your doctor about wearing an event monitor. Consider printing out or writing down these questions and taking them with you to your appointment. Taking notes can help you remember your doctor’s response when you get home.
- What information will an event monitor provide about my heart health?
- What do I have to do in preparing for one?
- What will I need to do to record and transmit data from the event monitor?
- How long do I wear the event monitor?
- What items should I avoid when wearing an event monitor?
- Can I exercise while wearing an event monitor?
- When and how do I return the event monitor?
- What happens next if the data from the event monitor shows a potential problem with my heart’s rhythm?
- What happens if the data doesn't correlate with any of my symptoms?