Ask your doctor
The following questions can help you talk to your or your loved one's doctor about stress testing. Consider printing or writing down these questions and taking them to your appointment. Taking notes can help you remember your doctor’s response when you get home.
- What can a stress test tell us about my or my child's heart health?
- What type of stress test will be given?
- Will the stress test be an exercise test, or will medications be given to make the heart work harder?
- Is an empty stomach required before the procedure? Should any medications be withheld?
- How accurate is a stress test?
- What happens if the stress test shows that the heart isn't receiving enough blood or functioning correctly?